The Dining services is committed to offer multi cusine, freshly prepared, balanced & healthy vegetarian meals each day, and a comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy it all. The menu is set by expert dieticians and cooked on campus maintaining stringent quality controls keeping in mind the needs of growing children. Fresh fruits and milk are provided every day and extra special diet is provided on the recommendation of school doctor
The school provides excellent facilities for a variety of extra-curricular activities during weekends which include:
- Sports Activities - The School follows the house system in order to inculcate a healthy competitive spirit among students in the sports, games, and other co-curricular activities of their students. All the students are grouped into four Houses Abhay, Ajay, Amul & Atul and are encouraged to participate in sports with the aim to develop sound physical strength & flexibility among students. To foster team spirit and to develop physical fitness and stamina, the following sports are offered: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Lawn Tennis, Football, Volleyball and Hockey.
- Stage Exposure -
The main highlight of the co-curricular programme is the special emphasis placed on the development of public speaking skills and building self-confidence & self esteem
Students are trained in the following areas:
- Group Discussions
- Storytelling and Poetry recitation.
- Adventure Sports -The school enjoys a hilly-terrain around the campus that is conducive for mountaineering, trekking and rock-climbing. Students relish the outdoor challenge that is a test of physical endurance and stamina.
- Educational Tour-Regular weekend outings and excursions are organized with the objective to offer educational as well as recreational experiences to students. Weekend activities include nature walks, camping, picnics & field trips.
- Outdoor Study Programmers -hey are held in forest school at the height of 4500 ft a top the valley of Baru Sahib. The main highlight of the programme is to help our students to observe the flora & fauna of the area here the concepts are internalized by the direct observation in form of project based study
- Cultural Activities - A host of cultural events and inter-house competitions that are conducted especially over the weekends enable our students to display their talent in their chosen area. A wide array of weekend activities includes Music,Gurmat Sangeet-Vocal & Instrumental, Visual art, Cultural shows, Hertiage talk & presentations.
Copyright © Akal Academy 2013, Maintained By Jaspal Singh